How to Change Your Boiling Water Tap's Filter
Every boiling water tap will come supplied with a carbon filter, which is designed to trap impurities and minerals and protect your tap's components from limescale and other mineral deposits, as well as deliver crystal-clear, filtered water on tap.
The filter you have will depend on whether you have a 3-in-1 tap or 4-in-1 tap, though the replacement works in the same way. The difference between these is that the 3-in-1 taps filter only delivers filtered boiling water, while 4-in-1 taps come with two filters that provide both filtered boiling water and filtered chilled water.
How to Change the Filter
Both the WF100 anti-scale (which comes with all tap systems) and WF200 anti-bacterial filter (which only comes with 4-in-1 tap systems) are replaced in the same way.
- Turn off the isolation valve
- Switch the boiling water tank off at the power source
- Unscrew the filter cartridge with a 1/4 turn and twist the housing to remove the carbon filter from the inside. There may be a bit of water left in there so it's best done over the sink!
- Take the new carbon filter out of its packaging and slide it into the housing with the hole facing upwards
- Screw the cartridge back into place with a 1/4 turn, making sure it's completely locked into place
- Turn on the isolation valve, followed by the boiling water tank
- Test the tap and check for any leakages. If there is a leakage, check and tighten the connection
- Voila! Your filter will now work to remove unwanted impurities for up to six full months
Tip: The anti-scale filter is grey while the anti-bacterial filter is blue so they can be identified easily.
Are you a visual learner? Watch the video below for a demonstration:
How Regularly Should You Change Your Filter?
It's recommended that you change your filter every 6 months, although those living in a hard water area may need to replace it more regularly. If you notice a decrease in boiling water pressure or taste any impurities in the filtered water then it could be time to replace your filter before the recommended timeframe.
How much will it cost?
Our filters are just £29.95 - other brands may cost more. We also offer a subscription service where you will be sent a filter every 6 months for just £24.95.
Why Should You Change Your Tap's Filter?
Keeping your tap's filter clean and free from any impurities is essential for protecting the tap and its components from limescale and other mineral deposits. By changing your filter as part of regular maintenance you can ensure that you enjoy crystal-clear, purified boiling water on tap whenever you need it.
Forgetting to replace your boiling water tap's filter may also void its warranty.
Is Filtered Water Better for You?
Although UK tap water is safe to drink, there's no denying that filtered water tastes better. By removing chemicals and minerals, the water becomes 'pure' and both looks and tastes great. If you're a fan of ice-cold filtered water, you'll love our 4-in-1 taps.